Re: can't get past 'make world'

From: karl
Subject: Re: can't get past 'make world'
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:36:09 -0400

    strip mft
    *** Error code 1
    error: Error opening terminal: generic.
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

I don't think this has anything to do with texinfo.  Maybe you should
ask on the tetex list?

In any case, I don't know what the problem can be, since apparently make
is not outputting the command that is producing the error (unless it's
strip, which seems doubtful).

You might be able to override this terminal type of `generic' with
   setenv TERM dumb         (csh, tcsh, etc)
or TERM=dumb; export TERM   (sh, bash, ksh, etc)

Good luck ...