Re: Texinfo, A4 paper, double-sided, margins

From: Daniel Tourde
Subject: Re: Texinfo, A4 paper, double-sided, margins
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:20:12 +0100

Hello,

>     I don't know how to cleanly ask texinfo to produce a double-sided
>     manual (page number and margins different for odd and even pages).
>
> --texinfo="@headings double" will change the headings.
>
> --texinfo="@setchapternewpage odd" will change the headings and start
> chapters only on odd pages.
>
> Although I haven't reviewed it in a long time, I attempted to make the
> margins suitable for both single- and double-sided printing, so nothing
> changes those at the moment.

Thanks for your answer.
I tried what you mention and it does what you said. Thanks. It does
change the headings but it has no influence on the size of the margin
(odd, even, odd, even...).
I think this is a REAL flaw in texinfo. The margin should vary with the
double-sided option as well.

                Daniel

Daniel TOURDE                             E-mail : address@hidden
                                             Tel : +46 (0)8-55 50 43 44
                                        Cellular :  +46 (0)70-849 93 40
   FOI, Swedish Defence Research Agency; Aeronautics Division - FFA
       Dept. of Wind Energy and Aviation Environmental Research
SE-172 90 Stockholm, Sweden                     Fax : +46 (0)8-25 34 81