Re: [help-texinfo] Wish: --split-level

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Wish: --split-level
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:54:31 -0400

    - creating symlinks for all the pruned sub nodes, pointing to the
      non-pruned parent.

    - creating the subnodes anyway, with their real contents.  Yes, this

Sorry to say that I think either of these cures are worse than the disease.
People expect the files to be created to be the ones that asked for, not
every possible combination ...

If we create every possible output, then what's the point of having
split-level?  Which is where we started.

Anyway ...