Re: [help-texinfo] German umlauts and @node/@chapter (again)

From: Oliver Beck
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] German umlauts and @node/@chapter (again)
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 23:39:51 +0100

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:27:05 -0500
address@hidden (Karl Berry) wrote:

> I believe the problem is simple (but very unfortunate): you cannot use
> @ commands in @node names.  Sorry about that.  Allowing accents etc.
> in node names is one of the most important things that needs to be
> done.

Really. But a brainstorming with a friend had bring a alternative.
The german pendant to "Intro" ... "Einleitung" ... no umlauts ;)
Dirty workaround but better as nothing ;)

But, what's so tricky at the german umlauts?

> By the way, you should use @copying rather than the @ifinfo
> etc. sequence at the beginning for the permissions.  Otherwise the
> permissions don't end up in the HTML output (for example).  There are
> skeleton input files in the Texinfo manual.

Yes, thanks. Mistake of mine.

Finally I cant find @coping in the command list in the Info-Page from
texinfo. Must i define "@end copying" at the end?

> Regards,

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best Regards Oliver Beck

--
 /"\ -ASCII-Ribbon-Campaign- |  Linux && EPIA-> http://epia.std-err.de
 \ /    Against HTML Mail    | ---                                  ---