Re: [help-texinfo] texinfo : HTML (dir) link is bad

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] texinfo : HTML (dir) link is bad
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:46:32 +0200

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 10:30:17PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

> I expect the next release will have more ways to control what happens.
> (Right, Patrice?)

I see 2 possibilities to control it, in the current code (though I haven't
tested).

First one is a variable,

$TOP_NODE_UP = '(dir)';

It may be used too change what is considered as the up of the top node.
currently it is as if the up of the top node is a manual called `dir'.
I'll test what happens when this variable is set to an empty string instead.

Second one is the use of htmlxref.cnf. It should be possible to specify
another base directory (if split) or another file (if not split) for dir
considered as a manual. Also have to test that.

If it is not flexible enough, it should still be possible to add another
variable that sets the full url specifically for $TOP_NODE_UP, that should
be very easy to do.

--
Pat