Re: [help-texinfo] Accents in verbatim mode

From: spam . spam . spam . spam
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Accents in verbatim mode
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:15:27 +0200

For the first solution :
If I replace the @verbatim by the @example command, the @-commands are
processed. So, my accent is displayed. The problem is that if my example use an
@ (see the new texinfo file in this mail), I get an error when I generate the
doc :
$ texi2pdf accentsverbatim.texinfo
[...]
./accentsverbatim.texinfo:31: Undefined control sequence.
l.31    printf("address@hidden
                                      .fr");
[...]

For the second solution :
If I use the @documentencoding UTF-8 (my file ending is UTF-8) and if I keep
verbatim, and if I put the character directly like this : "è". The character
doesn't appear in the PDF file.

Conclusion :
So these both solutions arn't good for me. I think the second solution with
@documentencoding is the best because no need to use the @ commands for all the
accents in my texinfo file which is a very good thing because I can apply an
interactive spell checker on the texinfo file like 'aspell'.

Question :
Why I can't use the accents characters directly in my texinfo file like this "è"
when I give the document encoding like this : @documentencoding UTF-8 ?