Re: [help-texinfo] defining new environments

From: Leo Butler
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] defining new environments
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:22:26 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, Karl Berry wrote:

< Hi Leo,
<
<     @alias lang=lisp
<     then I can begin an environment with @lang but must end
<     it with @end lisp. Is this a bug, feature or ...
<
< Good question.  @alias was never intended to be usable with
< environments.  I see the manual doesn't state this, though.  I'll see if
< I can either make it work in texinfo.tex or document that it doesn't.
< (Patrice, does it work with t2h|tp?)
<
<     2. Is there another mechanism to define environments within
<     a texinfo document.
<
< Nothing is coming to mind, sorry.
<
< Best,
< Karl

 Hi Karl,

 Thanks for your reply. I had a quick peek at the texinfo source and
 it appeared to me that environments are commands, albeit with slightly
 different syntax. I know that in LaTeX, environments are commands.

 Thanks for looking into this.

 Leo

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.