Re: [help-texinfo] Page Colours

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Page Colours
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 17:14:43 -0700

On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 00:00 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Kip,
>
> (Sorry for the delayed reply.)
>
>     I'd like to change the page colours for the generated output
>     (background / foreground colours). I've looked through the command
>     reference and can't seem to find anything.
>
> Unfortunately, you aren't missing anything.  There are no Texinfo
> commands to do this.  Especially bgcolor is not simple to do -- there
> are no PDF (or pdftex) primitives for it, as far as I know.
>
> Of course, if anyone wants to delve into this, patches are welcome.
>
> Sorry,
> karl

Hey Karl,

Thanks for the response. Even though it didn't give me the information I
was hoping for, it was still useful so that I don't spend a lot of time
looking for a feature that doesn't exist.

I wonder if there is a way to customize the texinfo.tex file so that it
does it? I'd like to do all kinds of customizations for my book so that
it has nice images for page headers, footers, etc.. Not sure if this is
possible.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred