Re: [help-texinfo] Default Indentation / Spacing

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Default Indentation / Spacing
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 15:44:05 -0700

On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 22:03 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     so that it has nice images for page headers, footers, etc..
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "images", but here is the info about
> making custom headers and footers:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Headings.html

e.g. a vine, or some such, as you might see in some books.

>     How can I set the default spacing between paragraphs,
>
> To set it to, say, 6pt plus3pt minus3pt:
>
> @tex
> \globaldefs = 1
> \parskip = 6pt plus3pt minus3pt
> @end tex

Hmm, I tried that but when I insert that into the main texinfo source
somewhere near the beginning of my book, but after the standard headers,
I see...

"This command won't work in this context; perhaps the problem is that we
are out of any environment"

Thanks for your help Karl.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer