[help-texinfo] Questions on conversion from texi2www

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: [help-texinfo] Questions on conversion from texi2www
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 23:22:16 -0600

Hi,

I am ashamed to admit that the RTEMS project
(http://www.rtems.org) is still using texi2www.
Anyone else remember that?

I have done most of the conversion to texi2html
and things are building. But I have a few questions
and don't know where else to turn.  We have about
1200 pages of documentation and I would like to
be heading in the right direction.

+ What should we be using? With texi2html folding
into texinfo, is this just a packaging issue or will
a new command replace texi2html?  I would hate to get
moved up to texi2html only to be days away from it
being obsolete.

And now for more technical questions.

+ texi2www had a "library" navigation button which
could take you out of a document to a list of documents
for the project.  Is there an equivalent for this in
texi2html? I don't want to override all the buttons,
just add one.

+ texi2www had a -header and -footer argument that
took a filename to include in the output
html.  I think EXTRA_HEAD or  AFTER_BODY_OPEN is what I
am looking for. But I have no idea if these are the right
variables and how one goes about setting them.

The main thing we added was a project logo on the
top right hand side of the page along and library title
which indicated the RTEMS version. The standard navigation
line was below this.

That's it for now.  Help and advice appreciated as we
move our texinfo into this century.

Thanks in advance.

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
   Support Available             (256) 722-9985