Re: [help-texinfo] Index entries for "@command" & Co.

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Index entries for "@command" & Co.
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 01:55:13 +0200

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 04:42:48PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
>     me that this would not only have to be implemented in Perl
>     which already doesn't look very inviting,
>
> I have the impression that the development makeinfo can already do
> proper Unicode sorting of the index terms, if desired.  Patrice?

It seems to me that ascii transliteration is used, and not proper
translation to unicode and then Unicode sorting of the index terms
or of the index letters.  Translation to Unicode instead of
transliteration should be easy to do though.  As for sorting, there is
an additional issue, as sorting is locale dependent, I don't really know
how that is taken into account in perl.

I should certainly handle this after the release.

--
Pat