Re: texinfo: warning: @anchor should not appear on @item line

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: texinfo: warning: @anchor should not appear on @item line
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 19:35:39 +0100

On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 07:13:42PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> In my tests it seems so.  If a @vtable is used instead of a @table and
> a printindex is used too, there are two <a> generated for the anchor,
> but it does not seems to me to problematic.  More problematic is that
> there is no visible link to the index entry generated in the @printindex
> formatting, which could be investigated.

Actually, it is because nested <a> are not valid, and the way the
browser reorganizes the HTML have the <a> closed early and no more
hyperref.  My feeling is that we should not try to fix that kind of
situations more.  Maybe we could put in the manual that an anchor in an
index entry, be it a @*index or @vtable/@ftable @item is not a good
idea.

--
Pat