help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] GNU VCDImager/Rip 0.5.9beta1 released

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] GNU VCDImager/Rip 0.5.9beta1 released
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:51:14 +0100 (CET)

hi

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Chris wrote:
> what is this bug doing?

actually the mpeg track pointer iso9660 filesystem entries in /MPEGAV/
point to a location too early on the VCD (by an amount equal to the iso
fs track to be more exact)...

thus playing the .dat files directly on a computer won't work properly
(although it may nevertheless... but the mpeg will appear cutted by some
seconds at the end...) and if your CD-i player relies on those
 entries too, then... ;)

> cause i'm about to burn a vcd made with alpha 4, to test on my cd-i player

I'd recreate the image with beta1 for that!!!