help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] newbie can't do SVCD from mpeg2-source

From: techorix
Subject: [VCDImager] newbie can't do SVCD from mpeg2-source
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:19:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
many people recommended me to use vcdimager for
creating an image of my akira.mpeg2-file. the file
itself looks SVCD compatible (480*480,29fps) but
vcdimager always gives me this output:

vcdimager -t svcd input.mpg
++ WARN: track# 0 not a multiple of 2324 bytes
++ WARN: could not determine mpeg format -- assuming
it is ok nevertheless
   INFO: scanning mpeg track #0 for scanpoints...
**ERROR: invalid mpeg packet found at packet# 0 --
please fix this mpeg file!

i tried to use vcdpad for fixing the file but the only
output is 27888byes large so it seems to fail.  even
the --broken-svcd-mode doesn't create any cue/bin.

So how do i do it?

regards,
michael

ps . to be honest i suppose i just do something wrong
with the syntax or don't understand what to do with
the vcdpad-output
pps. i use latest vcdimager , selfcompiled @ debian-grnu-linux