help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] SVCD ISO file differences between I-Author and vcdimager

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] SVCD ISO file differences between I-Author and vcdimager
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:47:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Joachim Jachemich wrote:

> After investigating the ISO files (TRACKS.SVD esp.) produced by I-Author

> and vcdimager, resp., it seems that I-Author uses a different layout for
> the TRACKS.SVD file that leads to a correct timing display.

did you create the image as "supervcd" or as "svcd"? (it can be set afaik
in the preferences somewhere, default is "supersvcd", which seems to be
some pre-IEC spec)

> In detail, the header of the TRACKS.SVD structure seems identical, i.e.
> ID, version, rsvd byte and number_of_tracks is the same, but the
> playing time(s) are encoded in a different way: I-Author seems to
> make use of a 5-byte structure - 3 bytes msf playing time, and
> a two byte field that somehow encodes the audio characteristics of
> the stream. Additionally I-Author encodes the accumulated track
> playing times within TRACKS.SVD- not the individual ones as vcdimager
> does.

> Any experiences / advice around ?
well, vcdimager tries to adhere to the IEC62107 SVCD specification,
iauthor does create by default some pre IEC svcd image... which many
players may regard as the actual standard... are there any firmware
upgrades available for your player?

I guess philips players show the correct information... is there anyone to
confirm this?

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key