help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Welcome

From: Stefan Onken
Subject: [VCDImager] Welcome
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:52:15 +0200

Hello vcdimager,

  I am new to this list, so first a Hello from my side.

  I started using vcdimager last week and still have some
  question. I am using right now the latest development (0.7.7)
  version.

  I am wondering if anybody may explain me different mpeg, avi &
  divx formats for using vcdimager. I got last week 2 iso's for
  video cd's. I extracted the .dat file out of it (on a windows
  system with a program called ISO-Buster) and renamed the .dat
  file to .mpeg. On the computer at work (windows) I were able to
  watch it. At home I used vcdimager to make 2 new video cd's out
  of it and I were able to watch it on my Samsung Stand-Alone-DVD
  Player.

  But, when I am trying to work with other avi files, I am getting
  an error messages like this:

address@hidden:~/001 > ls -als
272776 -rwxr-xr-x    1 stonki   users    279042240 Jul 29 15:00 test.avi

address@hidden:~/001 > vcdimager test.avi
   INFO: scanning mpeg sequence item #0 for scanpoints...
++ WARN: mpeg scan: pack header code (0x000001ba) expected, but 0x52494646
found (buflen = 2324)
++ WARN: bad packet at packet #0 (stream byte offset 0) -- remaining 279042240
bytes of stream will be ignored
++ WARN: mpeg stream shorter than 75 sectors
++ WARN: sequence items should contain a motion video stream!
   INFO: writing track 1 (ISO9660)...
   INFO: writing track 2, MPEG2, UNKNOWN (0x0/0.00fps), no audio stream...
finished ok, image created with 525 sectors [00:07.00] (1234800 bytes)

1) How can I get informations about the different formats. Is they a
tool similar to mp3info which shows me the informations ?

2) How can I convert the files to a format which is ok for
vcdimager ?

3) How can I split the mpeg files to a size which fit a normal CD
?

Thanks a lot in Advance,

Stonki

--
Wenn Du einen langen Tunnel siehst: Halt Dich vom Licht fern...