help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] SVCD on the fly burning

From: Jose Manuel Domenech
Subject: [VCDImager] SVCD on the fly burning
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:01:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Everybody,

   I'm a new user of vcdimager, I've been reading
about the new features on version 0.6.2 and I'm
particularly interested in mpeg padding on the fly.
Does this mean that the image can be created from an
incoming mpeg2 stream rather than a proper mpg archive
on the hard drive? If that is true, is it possible to
pipe the image with cdrdao or any other burner utility
(preferibly under Linux) so that SVCDs could be burned
directly from an mpeg2 stream produced from a hardware
encoder? This way the mpeg2 stream would go directly
from the hardware encoder to the CD without using the
hard disk.

Thanks,
Jose Manuel.