help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] error messages?

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] error messages?
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:46:10 -0500 (CDT)

> > I get this error message and wanted to know what it meant and how to fix
> > it.
> >
> > sh-2.04$ vcdimager Smashing_Pumpkins_Tonight_Tonight.mpg
> >    INFO: scanning mpeg track #0 for scanpoints...
> > **ERROR: mpeg scan: pack header code expected, but 0x1cc50000 found (buflen
> > = 2324)
>
> well, where does it happen? at the beginning, or somewhere in the middle
> of the stream?

I guess sort of in the middle as it works for a while before kicking out
the error but does not save any files.

> what would file(1) detect the mpg-file as?

sh-2.04$ file -i Smashing_Pumpkins_Tonight_Tonight.mpg
Smashing_Pumpkins_Tonight_Tonight.mpg: video/mpeg

sh-2.04$ file Smashing_Pumpkins_Tonight_Tonight.mpg
Smashing_Pumpkins_Tonight_Tonight.mpg: MPEG system stream data

> which vcdimager version did you use?

sh-2.04$ vcdimager --version
GNU VCDImager 0.6.2 [linux-gnu/i386]

The file plays perfectly fine w/ Xine and I can not visually detect any
errors in it.

All the other files I've tried vcdimager on so far have worked.

Thanks.