help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] ppmtoyuv4mpeg ...

From: Christophe GAILLARD
Subject: [VCDImager] ppmtoyuv4mpeg ...
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:26:12 +0100

First, thanks to Leandro for his help !

I'm despite, for the moment i don't arrive to create a SVCD whith still
Images readable on my Samsung 711 DVD player (both of test_svcd_pall and
still sample, comming from vcdimager repository work fine).

1) concerning ppmtoyuv4mpeg, i had to modify source code to solve my problem
of header (fprintf line) !

  _write_header (FILE *fd, unsigned cols, unsigned rows)
  {
    fprintf (fd, "YUV4MPEG %d %d %d\n", cols, rows,
         (rows == 288 || rows == 576) ? 3 : 4);

    if (fflush (fd))
      {
        fprintf (stderr, "fflush(): %s\n", strerror (errno));
        exit (EXIT_FAILURE);
      }
  }

 -----

  _write_header (FILE *fd, unsigned cols, unsigned rows)
  {
    fprintf (fd, "YUV4MPEG W%d H%d A%d\n", cols, rows,
         (rows == 288 || rows == 576) ? 3 : 4);

    if (fflush (fd))
      {
        fprintf (stderr, "fflush(): %s\n", strerror (errno));
        exit (EXIT_FAILURE);
      }
  }

2) i think there is a mistake with the mpeg2enc version i use :

  In the mailing list, Herbert explain how to create mpeg2 files with
ppmtoyuv4mpeg end mpeg2enc.

  I compile the current CVS version of mpeg2enc (version is 1.5.4). This
version require letter W H and A in the YUV4MPEG  header. I 'm surprise to
be the only guy having this problem.

This version support -f 7 option (for still svcd) but not -T option as the
exeample of Herbert !

  Leandro use the command with the following option :
 mpeg2enc -m 2 -s -b 2500 -q 1  -G 24 -g 21 -2 1 -4 1 -N -V 400 -F 3 -o
$1.m2v
  Some off this options are not supported by the version of mpeg2enc i use !

Perhaps, somebody can explain the mpeg2 format needed for still image on
SVCD (pal in my case). I searched on the net but i don't find . I suggest to
send a log of mpeg2enc and mplex command (they show lot of useful
information).