help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] SVCD and Nintaus 9901

From: Tomas Morkus
Subject: [VCDImager] SVCD and Nintaus 9901
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:44:35 +0100

Hello,

I tried to create SVCD disc to be played in my Nintaus 9901 DVD player.
When I create such SVCD disc, I can play it without any problem is
software player XINE, but when I try it in my DVD player Nintaus, it
does not work it all. The disc in the DVD player is reported to be SVCD,
but no one picture is shown (screen is totally black) and time counter
gets crazy - time is getting slower on the counter, one second on
display
takes more than five seconds in real time (maybe A. Einstein can explain
it ).
I'am using vcdimager v. 0.7.12 for Linux and the MPEG2 I created by
transcode tool. When I burn the same MPEG2 file with NERO, my Nintaus
plays this disc OK. And when I create VCD/XVCD in VCDImager, there is
also no problem with Nintaus. Only SVCD are problematic ....

I burn it with:

vcdimager -t svcd test.mpg
cdrdao write --device 0,0,0 videocd.cue

I also tried create add empty directory SEGMENT as adviced on VCDImager
main site and also the --broken-svcd-mode but nothing helped.
What might be wrong ? I saw on VCDImager main site, that Nintaus should
be
supported, but there are at least two firmware versions ....
I'd appreciate any help to get vcdimager working.

Tomas Morkus.