help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Subtitles

From: Michael Lehmeier
Subject: [VCDImager] Subtitles
Date: 21 Oct 2002 17:57:45 +0200

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 12:41, address@hidden wrote:
> 2, I tried VCD imager but it did not create SVCD subs. Is there any =
> help?

There is a tool for download at:
http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/contribs/svcd-subtitles.tar.gz

It is old, it is souce only and it is buggy but with some patience and a
couple of self-written scripts I managed to get it to work.

Bugs and limitations:
- When using it to rip subtitles at a certain time the timestamps
returned to zero
- It is not possible to submux multiple volumes. This should not be a
problem if you created your subtitles yourself
- When muxing more than one subtitle you may encounter flickering mixed
subtitles. Not often, but sometimes
- At least my player sometimes stops showing the subtitles. A short
rewind fixes this.

It is a pity that this software is not maintained anymore.