help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] APEX AD-800

From: Edward J. Bross
Subject: [VCDImager] APEX AD-800
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:00:54 -0500

Hi-

I recently acquired an APEX AD-800 DVD player but unfortunately I haven't had any luck getting it to recognize any of the VCD/SVCD's I've burned. I've tried VCD11, VCD2, and SVCD types in combination with different CDR media and had the same result every time- the dvd player fails with "invalid media". Poking a bit further into the status display it apparently gets an "invalid resume" when loading the disc.

If anybody has any experience burning VCD's for this player or has any suggestions on how to further diagnose what's going wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.

[using vcdimager-0.7.19-cdio installed from vcdimager-0.7.20-2mdk]

Thanks,
Edward