heroes-discuss

Re: [Heroes] Heroes mailing lists

From: Ingo van Lil
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:26:20 +0100

Jean Delvare wrote:

> If your main worry is the moderation work, switching the lists to a
> subscriber-only mode would do the trick.

I have now done so for -announce and -commits, and disabled the
immediate moderator notification for -discuss (I thought I had done that
before). That should cut down the number of mails I'm getting to two per
day (collected moderation requests for -bugs and -discuss). This does
not change the fact that I hardly ever find the time to scan through the
masses of moderation request, and that the rare cases of legitimate mail
are bound to escape my eyes.
The -discuss list might be another candidate for a subscribers-only
policy, but it would not make much sense for the -bugs list. Somebody
who finds a bug is very unlikely to go through the whole subscription
procedure just to report it. So, if anybody really is interested in
getting bug reports (and if, for that matter, there actually were any
such reports) we should consider switching to the bug tracker on the
Savannah project page.

Regards,
Ingo