human-beings-discuss

[Human-beings-discuss] Some [big] comment

From: nico
Subject: [Human-beings-discuss] Some [big] comment
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 18:07:09 +0000

So, here come some ideas which come from my read of the gc long post. I
admit that in my ideas there is more simcity than
civilisation. Civilisation is hard to do if we want true strategic
interrest during fight.

* Bulding could capture after a certain amount of destroy (like in red
alert with the ingenier ?)

* Capture the flag like goal by capturing main building.

That could be a great point.

* How many times for the game : 20 min ? 2 hours ?

I have read that 30 min should be great but i can't imagine a
5 hours multiplayer game.

* Different speed of move and defense attack efficacity depanding on
  the fight field terrain (road/land/forrest/montain...).

That could a great thing for tatics and strategy !!

* Try to have very big army ("Chronique de la lune noire" fight like
  effect") army with thousant of fighters

i have always dream of that. The impression of massive waves of
fighters (like in lord of the ring 2). ("Chronique de la lune noire" is
a comics with 3 great army(white : knight, like croisé, red : from a
dark hell, green : dirty orc and mosnter))

I always like missiles in Roboteck comics. There are always launch by
dozen and dozen with round trajectory (for example the missile are on
the back of a robot are launch and direct them self to the target :
quite nice to see !).

* A complete planete to conquer ? with 2 mother chip that land there ?
  -> few cities because it's some settlers ? -> with natives ? (like
dunes)

It could be great to not have "angle" where you can hide your self. We
could use the idea of settler like in Dune. I know, this idea is hard to
be mixed with civilisation...

Natives could be used in many ways. Worms from dunes was an
interresting things : tough nature (imagine the planete where live
Master Ioda in Stars Wars episode 4/5).

Using a planete to conquer, could create a space war after the setler
have access to the technolofy to build space ship. Maybe instead of
saying that technology is discovered, we could say that they have access
to this technology because they create specific research center or
factory(imagine the creation of atomic research center or space ship in
China or Pakistan in todays world : some country have the technology but
don't give it)

* Spy satelite ?

Which show some part of the map by narrow band (like true spy satelite).

* radar range like in MAXX (2: one "normal", one for hide units)

That's a very interresting feature to really show by a circle the
limit of vision/radar for tactics. This could be change by montain,
etc... Walking mans could be consider as hide unit in forest or
montain, because they could hide them self easly.

* science is increasing 10% of some parameter for each unit.

That a MAXX feature. You say i want to increase by 10% this parameter
for each unit (attack, power, defense, shield, speed, and the most
interresting : the cost and the speed of bulding !!) So there is
absolutely not limit of number of unit type. The number of combinaison
are infinite. If there si great difference between parameters, like
attack is at +200% but the other stay at 0%, attack increase cost more
and more but the other parameter cost less. It's done to level the
technology increase. This is technological progress not really the
science. Like in a real war.

We could even imagine that only 1 units exist by type. And then the
player create it's own unit with this parameter choice. We could even
imagine to begin a game with some points to create some specific unit
to speed up differenciation (like in role game).

* too many goods is very hard to handle (wood+gold+oil was quite much
  in WARCRAFTII) ("matière première"+energy+food is enough and there
  many way to create them)

Managing ressource is absolutely boring ! A lot of automatisme must be
include.

This limit at 3 big categories. food affect people, energy affect
everyone, "matière première" affect building and repair capability.

There many ways of creating energy. Many ways to create food. "matière
première" could be represente by there "money values". Wood represente
much less than steel or aluminium.

* Is the code of Nel from Nevrax reuseable ?

http://www.nevrax.org/

That's a massive multiplayer game with a 3d engine from a true game
compagny. Could be greate to be reused.

* XP (experience) nice feature to personify some unit (with "blue",
  "experienced", "expert", "veterant" army) it will avoid to destroy
  the army too quickly.

It's avoid to create too much canon folder !

* Moral (the number of dead could also affect the moral
  of the population it will avoid to only thinking of producing more
  and more units and kill them) it's better than a pure refuse to go
  to war.

That's could be a great feature. People could like war (see
american...) but they don't like dead people !!

* to be realistic setlers could arrive at a periodic time. If our
  cities aren't attractive, too few people will come from the mother
  planete. If a city is close but far better than an ennemy one, some
  ennemies could came to your cities to have a better life (and could
  give some technology from enemy)

So it's a simcity like feature, people came if you're cities is
nice. If the came from the "outside", the reslism could be better.

* it's more simcity + war than civ+war

City could be build like in simcity. We could build the city as
simcity but to simulate the time of building : the first click put a
kind of a shadow of the bulding that appear few times later. I always
think about creating wall in Simcity or control the monsters :)

It will be great to create big defense like enormous fixe canon like we
could see them in comics (like "the castle in the sky" (Laputa in
English ?)).