hurd-devel

Re: libthreads provenance

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: libthreads provenance
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 20:36:19 -0400 (EDT)

> Ah, yes indeed, the CMU logs do establish it.  Anyway, I think the
> only way to get the exact answer is to look at old MK releases.  There
> aren't too many to check, MK79 was the first that supported i386.

If you locate MK79..MK81, let me know.  I have not scoured for them,
but CMU doesn't have them anywhere obvious.  (I didn't find MK82 at CMU
either, but elsewhere.)

> Why are we bothering at all, since this is soon-to-be-dead code anyway?

It currently looks like the Alpha port will be live before cthreads is
dead.  We can drop in the alpha asm code and I've already done
warning-fixes for 64 bit nits.  But I would be happier doing a true merge
with the exact CMU codebase that actually ran on Alpha.