hurd-devel

gnumach 1.3 release

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: gnumach 1.3 release
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:11:45 -0400 (EDT)

I've diddled the makefiles a little and I think I am now ready to release
what `make dist' gives you as gnumach-1.3.  Will it work and be the right
thing for that tarball to be the debian source tarball too?  It includes
the debian subdir.  I guess that needs a new entry in changelog if nothing
else.  Oh, hmm, I guess there is that "cdromlock" patch, whatever that was.
If everyone is happy with that staying separate, then I guess we should be
ready to go for the GNU release.  I've done make dist and done a
cross-build from that tarball (using the set of --enable options from
debian/rules), but I haven't been able to try booting that kernel or doing
a native build on GNU from the tarball.  Please give that a whirl and when
someone says go, I will make the 1.3 release.