hurd-devel

Re: anything wrong with libc?

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: anything wrong with libc?
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:17:33 +0200

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 12:54:24AM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Are there any unresolved issues in glibc-2.2.x for the current and
> immediately anticipated Hurd code?

My last build had this at the top of the ChangeLog file:

2002-08-02  Roland McGrath  <address@hidden>

        * elf/Makefile ($(objpfx)interp.os): Depend on config.make,
        since it sets the variables we use in a -D switch.

and that built and worked fine.  From the look at the current CVS update,
only fr.po and sysdeps/unix/utime.c have changed, so I guess we are fine.
There are no outstanding issues for the 2.2 branch that I know of, and the
system has gotten some testing now.

> If there is no reason to wait, I will
> encourage a 2.2.6 release soon with the expectation that glibc-2.2.6
> verbatim will be good enough as is for Debian GNU/Hurd and that it will be
> the most likely yet to be the final and permanently sufficient 2.2.x release.

Yes.  Although there is no need to worry deeply, if there is a minor glitch,
Jeff can get it into the Debian package as a glibc co-maintainer in Debian.

We can also start worrying about the HEAD banch as soon as you think it is
feasible.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden