hurd-devel

XX-hurd (was: Forward: [gnu.org #205935] New GNU/Hurd group

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: XX-hurd (was: Forward: [gnu.org #205935] New GNU/Hurd group
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:49:37 +0100

This was on help-hurd.  It's a good question.  Do we things like
XX-hurd where XX is a language code?  Or do we tell every non-english
speaker to find their own local group?  I know that there are somewhat
active Hurd groups in various countries, (France, Spain, India come to
mind), but so far they have stuck to their own resources.

Interestingly, we already have a precedent: The boston-hurd mailing
list ;) I don't know how other GNU projects handle this.  Personally,
I am split between not really wanting to take up any responsibilities
for mailing lists I don't even can read, and actively welcoming
foreign speakers to our project and knowing about these projects.

Maybe a good compromise would be to let these people set up their own
projects, and then link to them from our web site.

Any ideas on this issue?

Thanks,
Marcus

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [gnu.org #205935] New GNU/Hurd group Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:13:23 -0500
Hi, I'm one of the GNU webmasters and we have receive a request from
users to set up a Hurd help mailing list for Italian users. Is this
something that would fall under your mailing lists, or should I tell
them to set it up elsewhere?

Thanks,

Derek