hydra-users

Re: Question regarding Hydra build target "x86_64-darwin"

From: Eelco Dolstra
Subject: Re: Question regarding Hydra build target "x86_64-darwin"
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 11:02:24 +0200

Hi,

On 02/08/14 23:45, Assaf Gordon wrote:

> One hint I found in the logs is the "configure" detecting the host as
> "x86_64-apple-darwin10.2.0" - so would it be correct to assume this is a Mac
> OS
> X version 10.6.2 "Snow Leopard" ?

Yes, it's 10.6.2. However, I will probably upgrade it to 10.9 soon.

I also changed Nixpkgs (in the "staging" branch, not merged to master yet) to
set the environment variable MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to "10.6" during builds.
This should ensure that produced binaries continue to run on >= 10.6 even when
they've been built on 10.9.

> Or in a more practical terms - if my package passes a build on this hydra
> target
> - is it reasonable to assume it will compile correctly on Mac OS X 10.6 ?

Well, that's a bit tricky. Unlike on Linux, the Nixpkgs standard build
environment ("stdenv") is not pure, meaning it depends on some stuff outside of
the Nix store, such as header files in /usr/include and the linker in
/usr/bin/ld. So if you don't have Xcode or the SDK installed, then packages
probably won't build.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/