ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] Re: Cannot get ifile to configure: claims gcc cannot cre

From: Clemens Fischer
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Cannot get ifile to configure: claims gcc cannot create executables; what is -rpath?
Date: 6 Aug 2003 23:13:38 +0200

* 2003-03-25 Jonadab the Unsightly One:

> Hmm...  I definitely have gcc installed, and the only _other_
> compiler (as such) I'm aware of having installed is inform, which
> doesn't do C and shouldn't be relevant here.

is this gcc-3.x?  i know several pieces of software that compile fine
with gcc-2.9x, but not with -3.x.  the includes have changed, maybe
the test files have trouble with this.  you would find something in
config.log, where all this is neatly documented.

the newest files in a directory can be listed with ls(1), i always use
(a lot of times!):

  alias lt='ls -Falikbort'

for this (bash).  then the newest files come at the end of the
listing, telling you which files were created.

> [Downloads a random piece of one-file C code that I've
> compiled before (a Markov chain generator from eblong.com, as it
> happens)]

OT:  ever heard of "reactive keyboard"?  i'm looking for that, employs
markov chains...

  clemens