ifile-discuss

Re: [Ifile-discuss] A few questions about ifile features compared to oth

From: Peter Jaques
Subject: Re: [Ifile-discuss] A few questions about ifile features compared to other classifiers
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 04:34:43 -0800

On 31 Oct 03,  9:04AM, Jason Rennie wrote:
> address@hidden said:
> > Have you tried to adapt the code writed in bogofilter for instance to
> > add such features to ifile ? Do you think It's worth trying (I'm
> > volunteering) ?
>
> It is worth trying.  I think the most useful thing to do would be to
> adapt features from POPFile, since that would greatly improve ifile's
> spam filter capabilities.
>
> I personally use bogofilter for spam filtering and ifile for everything
> else.

I'd vote for mime support, so that binary attachments don't randomly affect
ifile's classification. Perhaps some rudimentary html support as well, so
that "vi<kitten>ag<flowers>ra" would stop ending up in my cute things
mailing list. Of course, I don't know how to do that myself, so this is a
mere request;)

peter