[igraph] edge attributes and delete.edges

From: Vincent Matossian
Subject: [igraph] edge attributes and delete.edges
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:47:10 -0500

 Hi,

A strange behavior has come to light recently, consider the following igraph-R code:

gtest=barabasi.game(10)
E(gtest)$a=seq(1:ecount(gtest))
gtest=delete.edges(gtest,0)
E(gtest)$a

After the first call to E(gtest)$a the result is: [1] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
that's okay
After the second call (after edge deletion) to E(gtest)$a the result is: [1] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I was expecting to see as a result : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The edge lists are however correct when looking at E(gtest) only.

it appears that delete.edges deletes specified edges but does not delete edge attributes appropriately (in reverse order actually), is this a known issue, I haven't had time to look into the C code but was wondering if this has been observed before,

thanks,

vincent