[igraph] early bird question for igraph 0.3 on cygwin

From: Vincent Matossian
Subject: [igraph] early bird question for igraph 0.3 on cygwin
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:37:51 -0500

 Hi,

I can't compile the cpp files of igraph 0.3 . It works well if I remove them however so it's not a problem for me. I tried with mingw-g++-3.4.5  and mingw-g++-3.4.4

Also regarding the memory management issue of the previous thread, I realize that malloc/free is system dependent, I am finding on my windows box that when neighborhood is called say on a random graph of 1000 nodes (p= 0.04), about 700MB is allocated but never released back to the system. Which means that when I run the function on my 2GB system, after two runs of the function I'm done. Is there any way to force release of that memory back to the system? (a somewhat similar issue was brought up on the R-help list but I frankly could not get a consensus off the responses)

köszönöm!