Re: [igraph] degree sequence game

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] degree sequence game
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:59:26 +0200

Vincent, the problem with the "simple" method is that it is not proven
that it generates graphs uniformly, ie. giving the same probability
for each graph (with given degree seq of course) to be generated. I would
guess that it is easy to prove that it is not uniform.
So i had benn looking for another way, eg. like this:
http://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/0312028
It's been a while since i read it but AFAIR they have a uniform
method.

For the sort of thing you mention, i don't know any general method
which can condition the graph to some other property as well besides
the degree sequence. I know some (separate) algorithms which condition
on transitivity, degree correlations, etc.

So there are no short-term plans for adding new 'method's now,
in general a uniform generator for simple graphs (ie. no loops,
no multiple edges) would be good.

G.