Re: [igraph] plotting and layout

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] plotting and layout
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:18:45 +0200

Does the python interface offer bindings to prefuse-like interactive
visualizers?
No - to be honest, I have no idea about how to provide bindings to
(for instance) Prefuse, but since I haven't seen Prefuse "from the
inside", this does not mean anything :) Regarding the Python
interface: its visualization capabilities are not as mature yet as of
the R interface, but things will improve soon :) Now you have the
possibility to export to SVG using Graph.write_svg and import the
resulting figure into Inkscape or any reasonable SVG-based vector
drawing program (or view it from Firefox), but I'm working on a
generic plot(...) routine which makes use of the Cairo graphics
library through PyCairo (http://www.cairographics.org).