Re: [igraph] community clustering in python

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] community clustering in python
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:31:24 +0100

Hi,

Have you tried simplifying the graph before starting the community detection? Our former implementation did not work for graphs with multiple or loop edges. This was corrected recently in the dev branch and will be released officially as igraph 0.5 in a couple of weeks (possibly :)). So my suggestion is:

G.to_undirected()
G.simplify()
Lsv = G.community_fastgreedy()

Should i just be using/learning R?
I think the error exists in the R interface as well, since they both use the common C core.