[igraph] Re: Trouble in igraph Installation from Source on Debian Testin

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: [igraph] Re: Trouble in igraph Installation from Source on Debian Testing amd64 architecture
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 22:00:46 +0200

will check which gcc I have on that machine (on the one I am using
right now there are gcc-4.1 to gcc-4.3 available). Maybe there is a
way to specify which compiler should be used when compiling from
source igraph?
Yes, there is. I think it should work by setting the environment variables called "CC" and "CXX" to the appropriate C and C++ compilers when invoking ./configure and make as follows:

CC=gcc-4.1 CXX=g++-4.1 ./configure
CC=gcc-4.1 CXX=g++-4.1 make

I'm not sure whether this really works, but I think it should. Otherwise, you can simply call ./configure as usual, then replace the variables called CC and CXX in the generated Makefile to point to the appropriate gcc version. I can't help you more right now, since I'm on holiday and I don't have access to a Debian amd64 box, but if you still have problems, drop me a mail next week.