[igraph] Counting the # of chains

From: Eric Sun
Subject: [igraph] Counting the # of chains
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:52:37 -0700

Hi,

I’m wondering if it’s possible, using the igraph R interface, to count the # of chains of a certain length.

I am familiar with path.length.hist(), but that double-counts chains because all the 1-length chains are included in the 2-length chains, etc.  The nonpredictable structure of my graph may not allow me to calculate a non-double-counting histogram using the results of path.length.hist().

Ideally I would like to count the number of chains of length X from a node with degree(mode=”in”) == 0 [i.e., a root node] to a node with degree(mode=”out”) == 0  [i.e., a leaf node].

Is this possible?

Thank you very much!
Eric