Re: [igraph] How to read a graph data with non numeric vertex ID

From: lan gao
Subject: Re: [igraph] How to read a graph data with non numeric vertex ID
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:49:43 -0500

Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried NCOL format, it was still not working...
My raw data stored in a txt file like this...Anyway, thanks..

DIP:2551N  DIP:1189N
DIP:2551N  DIP:1330N
DIP:2551N  DIP:4449N
DIP:2551N  DIP:2425N
DIP:6289N  DIP:1189N
DIP:6289N  DIP:5008N
DIP:6289N  DIP:1361N
DIP:6289N  DIP:963N
DIP:6289N  DIP:2425N
DIP:6289N  DIP:2068N

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I need to read a graph data with non-numerci vertex ID in txt format.

My raw data looks like this

 DIP:2551N DIP:1189N
 DIP:2551N DIP:1330N
 DIP:2551N DIP:4449N
 DIP:2551N DIP:2425N
That looks perfectly suitable for the NCOL format reader, have you tried that?
(E.g. read.graph("file", format="ncol"). The vertex names will be stored as attributes.