Re: [igraph] a quick and easy question

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] a quick and easy question
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:47:09 +0200

Hi,

> First, thank you for taking time to read this. My problem is that
> I'm unable to properly unpackage the igraph egg on a Mac OSX
> platform (Leopard), although I downloaded and ran the python_igraph-
> 0.5.1-py2.4....5.mpkg file. When I look in site-packages directory,
>  I don't see any of the igraph modules.
It should be in /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages, at least on my OS X box.

> I tried using "easy_install igraph install" but got an error about no
> packages found at
> pypi.python.org/simple
That's right, because the package itself is called python-igraph. So if you
prefer to do it the easy_install
way, try "easy_install python-igraph". Note that you'll need to have the C core
of the igraph library
installed before you use easy_install. Therefore I suggest you to try the
installer, since that includes the
compiled C core as well.