Re: [igraph] Problem loading Graphml file with edge weights in igraph

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Problem loading Graphml file with edge weights in igraph
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 00:17:28 +0100

Hi Rui,

Igraph reports an error and crashes when I try to load the weighted network, but finishes fine when I load the unweighted network (just remove comments accordingly). Is there a work around to this? Am I making some stupid mistake?
The <data> keys should be _inside_ the corresponding <edge> tags and not after them. igraph is pretty conservative in GraphML parsing, so it refuses to load any GraphML file that does not adhere to the GraphML standard (although it definitely shouldn't crash, I'll check that later).

So the proper syntax is:

<edge source="2" target="3">
  <data key="d1">17.19</data>
</edge>