[igraph] Help Reading Ncol data

From: Chandrashekar Shankar
Subject: [igraph] Help Reading Ncol data
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:05:06 -0400

Hi

I have been trying to use the python implementation of igraph to read in a graph in Ncol format but it keeps crashing python

here is the file I used.

begin file: testncol.txt

Vertices: 11
Edges: 11
Directed: FALSE
No graph attributes.
Vertex attributes: name.
Edge attributes: weight.
Vertices: 11
Edges: 11
Directed: FALSE

[0]  0  -- 1      12
[1]  1  -- 2       5
[2]  2  -- 3       2
[3]  2  -- 5       2
[4]  3  -- 4      11
[5]  5  -- 4      12
[6]  5  -- 6     700
[7]  6  -- 7      10
[8]  7  -- 8      11
[9]  8  -- 9      11
[10] 9  -- 10     11

<-End file

The in Python I tried
Graph.Read_Ncol('testncol.txt')
Graph.Read_Ncol('testncol.txt', names=True)
Graph.Read_Ncol('testncol.txt', names=True, weights=True)

All 3 failed with the following error message forcing me to restart Python

Assertion failed: (v->stor_begin != NULL), function igraph_vector_max, file vector.pmt, line 787.
Abort trap.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong

Chandrashekar Shankar
Material Science and Engineering
University of Michigan