Re: [igraph] igraph_community_leading_eigenvector_step implementation

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph_community_leading_eigenvector_step implementation
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:04:47 +0100

Al, as far as I can see both these functions do the same. The
modularity is not explicitly calculated, but according to the original
paper, and also http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0602124 the leading
eigenvector of the modularity matrix will be negative if the split
would decrease the modularity, and in this case we don't split.

I don't really know what difference you can see between the two
functions, but I coded these quite a while ago, so can't remember all
the details, so I might be wrong.
Where does igraph_community_leading_eigenvector calculate the modularity?