[igraph] Clustering OR Connected Nodes in Igraph(Multiple Links)

From: Surendar Swaminathan
Subject: [igraph] Clustering OR Connected Nodes in Igraph(Multiple Links)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:55:37 -0700

Hello Graph Experts,

  I searched in Igraph mailing list Archives but could not find the solution.

 I have a undirected graph of co-authroship.I have multiple links between people.

This is how I created the file to feed in to Igraph . If "A" to "B" has five links meaning they have worked 5 times together and so totally 5 articles.

I have 5 entries in csv file

Node1          Node 2

a                  b
a                  b
a                  b
.
.
.
a                 b

Like wise for each node pairs I created multiple entries in CSV file if they are connected multiple times.

I ran Eigen,Closeness and Betweenness on those.(Closeness reamins the same if for multiple or Single Link)

What I wanted to do is to come up with clusters or connected nodes.

- example

  If I have 5 nodes. A,B,C,D,E

   A,B,C  have worked in 3 articles

   A,B,C,D,E have worked in 1 article.

 I am thinking it would make sense to group ABC together.

What I have is 500 nodes like that.

Is there anyway I can create clusters (I am not sure is this the correct word to use)  in Igraph.

Nathan