[igraph] Problem with igraph and sweave

From: David Edwards
Subject: [igraph] Problem with igraph and sweave
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:43:19 +0200

Hi

When I put code using the plot() function in an sweave code chunk, I get the
error

Error in text.default(x, y, labels = labels, col = label.color, family =
label.family, :
family 'serif' not included in PostScript device
Error in driver$runcode(drobj, chunk, chunkopts) :
Error in text.default(x, y, labels = labels, col = label.color, family =
label.family, :
family 'serif' not included in PostScript device

when I run sweave on it. There appears to be a serif family in my postscript
device (according to postscriptFonts()), so I am flummoxed.

A simple example of a code chunk generating the error is

@
<<fig=T>>=
g <- graph.formula(A-B)
plot(g)
@ %def

A portion of the output from postscriptFonts is:

$serif
$family
[1] "Times"
$metrics
[1] "Times-Roman.afm" "Times-Bold.afm" "Times-Italic.afm"
[4] "Times-BoldItalic.afm" "Symbol.afm"
$encoding
[1] "default"
attr(,"class")