Re: [igraph] Representation of weighted links

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Representation of weighted links
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:48:46 +0200

> hmmm, I didn't know you can plot an adjacency matrix with 'plot'
You can do it in the Python interface (not in R). I think he meant the Python
interface.

> How can be display the weights of links (or edges) in the ploted graph? Is
> there any special routine ?
If you want to show the weights as labels on the edges, then the answer is
unfortunately no, edge
labels are not supported in the Python interface yet. I usually show edge
weights by varying the
thickness of the edges; you can achieve that by assigning the desired thickness
values to the "width"
edge attribute. E.g.:

g.es["width"] = [w/10. for w in g.es["weight"]]