[igraph] Attributes in use

From: Matthew Walker
Subject: [igraph] Attributes in use
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:16:48 -0500

Hi,

I am using the (experimental) C-based attribute handler, and I would like to check whether a given attribute label is already in use.  There is a function igraph_cattribute_list() which gives all the names of the attributes, and I could search through that data to find what I was looking for.  However, I was hoping I could just call a single function that would do the work for me!  I was going to write such a function and offer it to you, but, in iGraph's source I found igraph_i_cattribute_has_attr() and that seems to do exactly what I'd like.  Unfortunately, it does not seem to be exposed for my use.  Can you explain the rationale for that?  Is there an easy way to gain access to it?

Thanks!

Matthew