[igraph] igraph_neighborhood and igraph_free

From: Peter Newman
Subject: [igraph] igraph_neighborhood and igraph_free
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:14:08 +1100

Hello,
I'm using igraph through the C API, and I seem to have struck a problem. I've searched around through the bug list, archives etc, but I can't see anything I'm overlooking.

Basically, the vectors pointed to by the vector filled by igraph_neighbourhood need to be passed to igraph_free, but igraph_free isn't part of the API (and is only mentioned once in the manual for a different function). I worked out to use igraph_free by reading the source code for the function while finding memory leaks.

I see there is a memory.h and memory.cpp which look like an API implementation, but since memory.h is in the src folder, not the include folder, I am reluctant to use it. I'm currently getting by using GCC's assumption that any unknown function is an int function(void*), since igraph_free happens to be this.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug, or am I overlooking something? Possibly a igraph_vector_ptr_t function that does the igraph_free for me?

Peter N