Re: [igraph] intersection and union of neighborhood in a bipartite grap

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] intersection and union of neighborhood in a bipartite graph
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:28:23 +0100

Hi Yannick,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Yannick Rochat
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Gábor & Tamás & All,
>
> Thanks for the answer last time!
>
> This time I'm trying to obtain the intersection and union of neighborhoods
> of vertices from the same set (top xor bottom) in a bipartite graph. I would
> like to reproduce the results of Latapy et al. (social networks
> http://www-rp.lip6.fr/~latapy/Publis/socnet07.pdf page 13, first equation).

Isn't this just the Jaccard similarity of the two vertices? I think it
is. You can calculate it with the similarity.jaccard() function, e.g.:

b <- simplify(ba.game(100000, m=3))
similarity.jaccard(b, c(0,5))

I don't know whether this is fast enough for you, Best,
Gabor

[...]