Re: [igraph] Saving Graphs

From: Marco
Subject: Re: [igraph] Saving Graphs
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:52:37 +0100

Hi Matthew,

thank you for your input!

I forgot to mention a little problem that makes me wonder if this
approach (which I thought of) is practicable.

The files (of the graphs) I write (in the number of thousands, as I
said, and totaling various gigabytes for each "species") have then to
be reread and analyzed several times (by another piece of code).

This makes me wonder if the overhead of compressing/decompressing so
much data each time is something I want to deal with: I'd say, having tried
just once, that the amount of time needed to do such
compression/decompression is longer than the actual time for the
analysis.

Being this true "always", would  it be worth the effort?

Thank you again!

marco

--
restituiremo il riso ai salici